Sunday, March 20, 2011

Trying out Wal-Mart's new Q policy.

In the past, Wal-mart has NOT been a friend to those who try to be frugal and use coupons. However they recently changed their coupon policy (see the updated policy HERE.

The part I have been seeing so much about (and that I wanted to try out!) was this: •If coupon value exceeds the price of the item, the excess may be given to the customer as cash or applied toward the basket purchase. I saw one customer post that after using her coupons, Wal-Mart actually PAID her $76 to leave with her purchases!

That was enough for me...I took my coupons and went shopping last night!

What I bought:

2 bags of Tidy Cat Kitty Litter (1.97 each)
5 trial (2 pk) Purex Complete laundry sheets (.97 each)
2 DiGiorno Pepperoni Pizzas with TollHouse Cookies (6.50)
1 DiGiorno Meat Pizza with boneless wings (6.50 each)
2 cartons Mayfield Ice Cream (2.97 each)

Used:

2 - 1.50 Tidy Cat Q's
5 - 3.00 Purex Q's
3 - FREE DiGiorno Pizza coupons (took off 6.50 each)

After the Q's came off, Wal-Mart ended up owing ME 1.89!!

The cashier wasn't sure how to do that, so she called someone else over who tried to tell me that they couldn't give me cash...I pulled up the new policy on my phone and showed it to her. She still didn't like it, so she found someone else to talk to about it, they pulled the policy up on their computer and went back and forth over it (while people behind me got mad and went to different lines), and came back over to discuss it further. When I pointed out that they were going to be reimbursed not only the face value of every coupon, but an additional .08 each, they started realizing that I was not cheating them, and that this very situation is the main thing that Wal-Mart changed about their policy. So they showed the cashier how to pay ME to take the products out of the store, and the cashier said (very quietly, LOL!) "You go girl, way to stand your ground." And then asked to add me as a friend on FB so I can help her learn how to frugal, LOL!

I will definitely keep an eye out for great Wal-Mart deals, and when I find them, I'll let you know!

2 comments:

  1. Awesome job! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I went to Walmart and used one like that, they wouldn't give me the overage. :( This was after the new policy came out. I fussed a bit, and they called a manager over, and she didn't go for it either, even though I had the policy.
    SO....you know how Rome's Walmart is. Bleh.

    ReplyDelete