Sunday, March 13, 2011

My opinion on Kroger's new coupon policies...

As most of you know, Kroger has a "new" corporate wide policy that they will no longer accept e-coupons and manufacturer paper coupons on the same items. They also are only accepting one like printable coupon (even if you buy 5 like items, they will only take 1 printed coupon) and they are only doubling two like coupons (regardless of how many you have).

I would like to suggest that every one of you go to the Kroger website and click "contact us" and tell them what you think of these new policies! It may not make a difference, but it sure can't hurt! The more complaints they get, the better. They need to realize that they are going to be losing a lot more money than just the e-coupons once people start shopping other places!

Here is my letter to Kroger:

I have been a Kroger shopper for many, many years, and I started using coupons when my family of 5 became dependent on only one income. I have had great shopping experiences at Kroger, up until this past week.

I was very surprised and dismayed to learn of the new rules regarding the use of an e-coupon and a manufacturer's paper coupon. It is hard enough for me to make ends meet for my family, and to have this savings taken away really hurts! I spend several hours every week trying to work out the best way to spend my grocery money, and up until now, nearly 100% of my money was spent at Kroger. With the new rules, however, I have no other choice than to drive to the next town over to start shopping at Publix. I have to do what is right for my family, and I can save more there. I was told that Kroger was losing money accepting both types of coupons, but I daresay that once the serious couponers start shopping at Publix, you will be losing a lot more money.

Not only that, but there have been many other "new" rules lately, including only accepting one internet printed coupon on same items (even if you purchase 5 items, you can only use 1 printed coupon) and also on only doubling two like coupons.

In this day and age, families are struggling to put food on the table, and I am deeply saddened by the fact that instead of making it a little easier for their loyal customers, Kroger is basically kicking us while we are down and taking away the savings that we depend on, that we NEED.

Publix has wonderful customer service, double coupons, accept internet printables AND competitor coupons...Kroger should take a few lessons from them. I hate to go elsewhere to shop, but feel that you have given me no choice.


So go ahead, make yourself heard, and tell them what you think about the new policies!

No comments:

Post a Comment