Thursday, May 26, 2011

Great folks at CVS!

I see so much complaining about stores lately, I wanted to take a moment and brag a little on the folks at my local CVS. :)

Back in March, they advertised a new Revlon product, Revlon CustomEyes eyeshadow. It was advertised for $7.49 and you got $4ECB back. When I scanned my card during this sale, it printed me out a $5 coupon off of the Revlon CustomEyes. I was thrilled, cause this made the deal a MM! However, they didn't have the product and didn't know when they would get it in. The other stores also had not received it. So I got a rain check.

After a few weeks of checking with them when their trucks ran, still no makeup. The day my $5 coupon was to expire, I talked to one of the cashiers, who called the manager and they marked through the expiration date on the coupon and put a note on the back that I had been looking for the product and it was not available, so I was to be allowed to use the coupon when/if the product became available.

I had given up on getting it, after two months, but low and behold, I walked in CVS last night and there it was, in a huge display at the front of the store! All $8.98 of it. :) I grabbed one of them up and noticed a $2 manufacturer q on it. WOW! I am always wary when having to do a deal like this where there are rain checks, ECB's, store and manu q's involved, but the guy working the register was AWESOME!

My deal went like this:

Revlon CustomEyes: 8.98 current price
Revlon CustomEyes: 7.49 (as per raincheck)
CVS coupon: 5.00
Manu coupon: 2.00
Total due: .49 plus tax
Got back: 4.00 ECB!

Yes, they paid me $3.50 to take the eye makeup! I have run into rude people on a regular basis being a couponer, but it's rare that someone waits on you and seems knowledgeable about what is going on and how to do things. Will post about the rest of my deals from CVS later, but wanted to post this first!

No comments:

Post a Comment